A message from Darlene, President of Fur-Ever Paws Dog Rescue:
Because of COVID-19, we have made some changes to protect ourselves, you and the dogs we rescue. Adoptions will continue to be on an appointment based schedule. However, we are only allowing in one family at a time into our foster homes. In addition, we will only allow 2 family members to participate in the appointment without exception, indoors or outdoors. Some fosters will also be verbally explaining everything we typically say in person, over the phone, and then bringing the adoptable dog outside to meet in order to shorten contact time.
To keep our families and yours safe, we are also:
- not shaking hands when meeting
- not allowing anyone inside who seems to be showing signs of illness (fosters will use their own judgment)
- not allowing entry to bathroom facilities (please go or stop before you come)
- to use the hand sanitizer we provide upon entering and to maintain a 6 foot distance between us as much as possible.
- Also, when entering a foster home, please don’t touch anything.
Typically, we ask all family members who live together to attend adoptions. At this time we are asking you to please minimize the amount of people attending to 2 family members only. We will be enforcing this limit. All pens and clipboards are thoroughly cleaned after each use and the interior is sanitized. We are doing the best we can to keep everyone safe and ask the same of you.
The health and well-being of the animals in our care, our staff, and the community we serve are our top priority.